- 19. Gennaio | 19:00 - 21:00
- The Iranian class struggle: a ticking timebombon 18. Gennaio 2021 at 16:28
Discontent continues to simmer across Iran. Since the beginning of December, there have been at least 240 strikes and protests. The protests are spreading to ever-wider layers of society, including students, bazaaris, retirees, the unemployed, and workers from every sector.
- Scotland: Labour right wing forces Richard Leonard outon 18. Gennaio 2021 at 7:11
Under pressure from Keir Starmer and wealthy donors, Scottish Labour leader Richard Leonard has stepped down. The right wing wants to expunge all remnants of Corbynism from the party. But this will only hasten the right's decline.
- General strike 1960-61: 35 days that shook Belgiumon 15. Gennaio 2021 at 15:35
The general strike of the winter of 1960-61 destroyed in practice all the myths of the ‘bourgeoisified’ working class in Belgium and in Europe. For five weeks, a total of 1 million workers made the bosses and their state tremble. In this article we look back at those dramatic events.
- Hungary: Orban’s popularity slips following repression and crisison 15. Gennaio 2021 at 15:26
Hungarian PM Viktor Orbán secured his third successive term in the 2018 general election. Now, for the first time since 2010 polls show that the “united opposition” would defeat his party if an election was held today. According to the survey conducted by one of the best known Hungarian pollsters Medián, Fidesz support fell by 6 percent in a single month to 34 percent in December, while the opposition added 2 percent and took over Fidesz at 36 percent.
- USA: capitalist censorship and Twitter’s tyranny – how not to fight Trumpismon 14. Gennaio 2021 at 17:28
Trump has been summarily banned from Twitter and a host of other major social media platforms after he encouraged supporters to storm the Capitol building last week. While there is a gratifying irony in this, Marxists must soberly consider the implications of this move by the Big Tech capitalists.